Click Me Click Me Click Me Click Me

Monday, August 23, 2010

Little trip

Seabird had a show a few hours from home this weekend. It was an outdoor show so I packed up the birds and headed down. I strategically drove down early so we would do the driving during their nap time. Since the Mr. had some free time before he played, we headed over to the historical area of the town. There is a replica of a fort, a crazy awesome climbing tree and the original cabin that Lincoln's parents were married in. It was a lot of fun. I feel a little cheated in the area of American history, not sure if I just slept through that class or what but I really need to freshen up. There was a super old graveyard there. One of the tombstones had the date of 1793. It was the stone that belonged to the lady who brought the first spinning wheel to the state. The title put on her stone was "Revolutionary Patriot." What an amazing title to be remembered by, I found it inspiring. After visiting this area it makes me look forward to taking the birds on more trips to visit historical places. I hope they will develop a love for history and everything we can learn from those before us. Check out some of my favorite pictures of the day. Sadly the only picture I didn't get was that of PrettyBird dancing nonstop during the show, it was awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment