Saturday, July 10, 2010

here we go again

So its pretty sad when you realize you have not blogged for a month, especially when your intention was to blog daily. It's not that I haven't wanted to or haven't thought about it, cause I have a lot. It just seemed like every time I sat down to write something it just sounded super negative, so I applied the old rule, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." But I am back and hopefully with a better attitude. So lets get caught up on what has happened the last month. Well my Mr. came home and got straight to work. We are currently living with family while we try to sell our home and get another home ready for us to move in. So while the Mr. was home we spent most of our days getting the new house ready. and then before we knew it he was hitting the road again. Summer is the time for music festivals, which can be a lot of fun. So far the birds and I haven't made it to any festivals, there are still a few left so maybe we can still catch one.
As for my birdies, they are just growing so fast. BigBird informed me that she doesn't want to be called BigBird, she thought beautiful pretty bird would be good we settled on just PrettyBird for now. LittleBird is now 2 and 1/2 and is really trying her independence, sometimes its super cute other times not so cute. She is also talking so much, like full on monologues. And sweet BabyBird is now 6 months and sitting up and rolling every where. It is so awesome to see her personality coming out and to see how much she adores her big sisters. BabyBird got to go to her first concert a few weeks ago when Seabird opened for Switchfoot and she loved it! Glad to see she is taking to the concert seen as well as the other two.
As for me, well I am doing okay. It has been a little tough this time with the Mr. on the road mainly do to the birdies not sleeping well. Also living in between homes can always be challenging. I still find myself grieving the passing of my mom a lot, which I think is to be expected. It has only been 6 months. It seems to come more in waves and random things seem to bring it on. Especially when one of the birdies does something super cute and I think, " oh I've got to call mom and tell her that." But slowly and surely I know my heart is being healed.
So once again I hope to get on a regular blogging schedule. I would like to do some posts on the DIY stuff I have been doing on the new house and maybe even do a give away. So check back soon! Below is a picture we took for the Mr. for father's day

No comments:

Post a Comment